JERRYCARCC was established in 2008 in the rural town of Frankfort in South Africa's north eastern region of the Free State province. The original diesel bowser was manufactured for personal use on a maize farm located in the area.
The revolutionary design of the first Jerrycar trailer soon sparked a demand for diesel bowsers by the neighbouring farmers. A popular feature for the farmers was being able to match the colour of the bowser with the colour of the tractors and implements already is use on the farm.
Initially, relatively few variations were available, but the range quickly developed, catering for more specific customer requirements. The unique design of the Jerrycar creates interest wherever it goes, with the name already known widely across South Africa. Jerrycar also exports fuel bowsers to some African countries.
- Compliance: The Jerrycar is SABS approved and complies with the safety standards as set out in the National Road Traffic Act (Act 93/1996) as well as the regulations issued under this act.
- Tank capacity: The range comprises bowsers with 630, 1100 and 1800 litre capacity.
- Material: Originally the tanks were manufactured from mild steel for carrying diesel. The growing interest from the aircraft community led to the use of steel, enabling the carrying of aircraft fuel like Avgas, petrol or Jet A-1.
- Fuel handling equipment: The handling of different fuel types necessitates various types of equipment. Jerrycar offers a wide range of fuel handling equipment with a number of comparable substitute products.
- The manufacture, sale and distribution of fuel bowsers
- The sale of fuel transfer equipment
- Service and maintenance at the premises of JERRYCARCC
- Disaster recovery
- Social services
- Fire and rescue
- Utility companies
- Standby generators